Just Do It
"The Landlords Friend"
Do I need an Energy Performance Certificate?
Do I need an Energy Performance Certificate? Yes, an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is now a legal obligation not just for those selling their house but also for those looking to rent. The certificate gives home owners, buyers, landlords and tenants information pertaining as to how efficient a property is when it comes to carbon emissions.

No residential property can be marketed without a report available to hand for all to see. An EPC is only required for self contained properties and is valid for 10 years. As of 6th April 2012 the amended regulations came into force. An EPC must be provided within 7 days of marketing a property with an allowance of 21 days after the surveyor has been instructed should there be reasonable cause for delay. You will be fined if you are found to be without an EPC whether you area private landlord or an agent.

The cost of an EPC is usually between 50 and 100. We would urge you to have a look at our Domestic Energy Assessors who have been chosen by us by clicking here.

General Links:
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Log In
  • Register
  • Property Search
  • Sitemap
    Landlord Information Links:
  • Lettings Checklist
  • Choosing A Letting Agent
  • Cleaning Issues
  • Deposits
  • Electrical Safety Regulations
  • EPC's
  • Furniture & Furnishings
  • Gas Safety Regulations
  • Inventory - what is it?
  • Liability Of A Landlord
  • Letting A Property
  • Preventing Fraud
  • Recovering Possession
  • References
  • Required Consents
  • Section 21
  • Sections 47 & 48
  • Section 11
  • Stamp Duty
  • Landlord Finance
  • Landlord Insurance
  • Landlord Tax
  • Tenancy Agreements
  • What Is A Tenancy?
    Landlord Services
  • Inventory Clerks
  • Domestic Energy Assessors